The Client Care Specialist focuses on client service and communication. They are the first and last contact within the hospital and are key to creating first and lasting impressions. The CCS must have exceptional client service and communication skills, computer literacy, handle payment and financial issues, ability to multi-task, friendly attitude in person and on the phone, and confidence to deal with stressful situations. CCSs support veterinarians, technicians, and veterinary assistants in daily patient and client care. CCSs communicate with clients in person and by phone, text, and e-mail. Professional attire and a groomed appearance are necessary as well as the ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
Performance Attributes are vital to the success of the individual and practice, all staff members should have or develop: Speed, Efficiency, Accuracy, Reliability, Cooperation, Compliance, Clinic Awareness, and Energy.
Including but not limited to:
• Client Interactions
• Greet clients in a professional manner and acknowledge them by name.
• Refer to pets by their names when interacting with clients and the medical department
• Answer the phones promptly and professionally
• Ability to determine through appropriate questions who the call should be directed to
• Ability to receive/send emails and faxes in a timely manner as well as use appropriate professional language when interacting electronically with clients and other clinics
• Schedule patients (emergency visits, Imed and surgery appointments) appropriately
• Interact with other veterinary clinics in a professional manner and ability to communicate needs effectively
• Relay information as instructed by the medical department accurately to clients
• Present discharge paperwork/estimate forms and consent forms and financial charges as necessary
• Ensure sympathy cards are created and sent for all deceased pets
• Update scheduling software appointments as necessary
• Complete vet callbacks to confirm records have been received by rDVM
• Keeping the lobby clean and free of clutter, urine, vomit, diarrhea and/or blood
• Clean and stock restrooms as needed
• Complete bi-weekly consumables inventory
• Scan and attach records as needed
• Maintain fish tank and perform daily tasks associated with the tank(s)
• Troubleshoot IT related issues (phones go down, internet offline)
• Update, maintain and keep various SOP’s up to date
• Keep your supervisor/practice manager up to date on any issues
• Process payments for all clients using the credit card system, care credit or scratch pay
• Accurately maintain the cash log and cash balance sheet
• Ensure all clients received an emailed copy of their itemized receipt
• Compete End of Day wizard at the beginning of each day
• Collect payments from clients when delayed payments have been authorized by the Medical Director, Practice Manager or Supervisor
• Be able to be at work on time and present for your scheduled shifts
• Have advanced technical skills
• Interact with your peers and maintain an upbeat and positive environment
• Offer ideas and suggestions to increase productivity and/or move the company in a forward direction
• Maintain integrity in your interactions with clients, patients, and staff as well in your role responsibilities
• Have strong demonstrated critical thinking skills
• Contribute to your own success as well as foster the success of your peers
Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
Must live within 30 minutes of the hospital.
Availability: 8:00 am to 10:00 PM Monday to Sunday. Rotate weekends, holidays.