The Account Manager is responsible for daily contact between the agency and the client.
The Account Manager interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. This includes meeting with the Creative Director concerning creative issues and input, the Media Director concerning media issues, the Public Relations Director concerning publicity, the Director of Digital concerning digital projects and the Traffic Manager concerning scheduling and timing.
The Account Manager has major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the account manager is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
The Account Manager will handle day to day activities for assigned clients, keep appraised of progress of clients’ projects, completes reports for client meetings, assists in client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans, and coordinates project timing and budgets.
• 3-5 years experience in account service for an agency.
• Strong scientific background a plus
• Human or Animal Health experience a plus
• Four‐year degree from a university or college.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Excellent time‐management skills.
• Digital marketing skills a plus.
• Keeps apprised of progress of clients’ projects through Production and Traffic Managers or
other relevant personnel.
• Receives, along with or without Account Supervisor, client briefings. Fills out Client Contact
Reports for all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel. Quickly and
accurately relays Client Change Orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
• Presents, along with or without Account Supervisor, work/proposals to clients; supports other
client service team members in these functions.
• Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
• Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic
marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
• Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications.
• Oversees execution of approved programs.
• Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art and
coordinates client approval of same.
• Reviews billing prior to release to clients; ensures prompt collection of accounts receivable.
• Informs Account Supervisor and/or Account Director regularly of account progress
• Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.