The Companion Animal Parasite Council invites applications for a Digital Media and Content Manager to begin immediately. The Digital Media and Content Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth operation of all CAPC digital media properties and programs including maps, websites, apps and social media. This position collaborates effectively with various teams on projects including site launches and upgrades to existing digital products. Reporting directly to the CEO he/she ensures that CAPC’s digital tools are optimized and fully functional in support of the organization’s mission to protect pets and people from parasites.
Web Property Management and Development
· Review functionality of all CAPC web properties weekly for technical issues such as broken links or other issues.
· Regularly evaluate CAPC web property content and make recommendations to CEO and Director of Operations for potential adjustments, updates and changes to website content.
· Evaluate and optimize content according to SEO.
· Execute content updates within the Content Management Systems (CMS).
· Collaborate with CAPC personnel and technical vendor partners to design, develop and implement web property upgrades.
CAPC Maps & Data Support
· Manage the monthly data import and maps update process, including data review for accuracy and posting of data to CAPC’s maps.
· Coordinate with source data managers and CAPC technical vendor partners to ensure deadlines for data import and posting are met.
· Communicate with technical vendor partners when process or data errors occur to ensure timely resolution of these issues.
· Provide support for CAPC maps on external platforms including TV and media outlets and international websites.
· Liaise with CAPC personnel to develop an editorial calendar that supports CAPC’s mission.
· Create content of interest to veterinary hospitals and pet owners; and respond to comments, with approval from CAPC personnel on medical and technical questions.
· Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
· Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners on targeted social media campaigns.
Apps and Other Digital Properties
· Review functionality of CAPC apps and other innovative properties regularly and coordinate with technical vendor partners on support issues and updates.
· BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field preferred
· Proven working experience as a digital media specialist or digital content manager preferred
· Hands on experience with Content Management systems
· Understand of SEO and Google Analytics
· Demonstrable experience leading and managing email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
· Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
· Highly organized with strong project management skills
· Superior interpersonal and communications skills and collaborative work style necessary to represent CAPC in many varied settings
· Ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines.
· Skilled at writing clearly and concisely in multiple formats
· Flexibility to meet changing demands
· Ability to work with limited supervision.
· Requires ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
CAPC, an independent council established to create guidelines for the optimal control of internal and external parasites that threaten the health of pets and people, brings together broad expertise in parasitology, internal medicine, public health, veterinary law, private practice and association leadership.
With its vision to have “Every Pet Tested and Protected”, CAPC web properties and maps have become the primary means of educating veterinary teams and pet owners. CAPC’s guidelines, with over 3 million pageviews a year, are a leading authority for veterinary hospital teams on parasitic disease. CAPC’s complex and sophisticated forecasting and mapping technology is seen by hundreds of millions of pet owners each year. CAPC is the leader in forecasting the diseases of pets with numerous publications. In 2020, CAPC will be expanding the use of its mapping and forecasting work to new geographic regions and new disease tracking programs.
This position supports and manages these unique and innovative programs and is crucial to our mission to educate veterinary professionals and pet owners on the risk parasites pose to the health of both pets and people.
More information about CAPC can be viewed at www.capcvet.org.
Commensurate with experience
Resumes may be forwarded to email@example.com. All applications and resumes must include references.
Review of applications and resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the search is closed. References will be contacted after the advanced stage of screening.
You need to be signed in to apply for this position.Sign in